Welcome to Rosie McGee's Online Home
Update October 8,
2021: I intend to update this very old website very soon.
- The links below to buy my first book or photo prints are still GOOD.
- As of the date above, my second book - My Grateful Dead Photos
and How I Came to Take Them, 1966-1991 - a full-color coffee
table book featuring nearly 400 of my best Grateful Dead photos, is
- A Kickstarter campaign to fund the printing, (and for you to pre-order
the book), will go "live" October 12, 2021, and run for 33
- After October 12, 2021 and for 33 days, go to Kickstarter.com and
search for "Rosie McGee".
"If you want the inside story
of the Grateful Dead from the band's glory years, read "Dancing
with the Dead" by Rosie McGee, by far the most perceptive and vivid
account from any Dead insider. Plus the photos are fantastic."
-- Joel Selvin, Music critic, author and music columnist for San
Francisco Chronicle 1972-2009.
scroll down to BUY BOOK or PRINTS
& other links..
photos & 10
years of stories
a memoir such as this one is
a precious gift."
- Carolyn "Mountain Girl" Garcia from the Foreword
was there in the beginning with a smile and a quick trigger
finger. She saw the birthing process of the Grateful Dead up
close and personal. Now you can see what it looked like."
- Mickey Hart, Grateful Dead drummer, worldly percussionist
on Kindle, iPad, Android device, Nook etc. OR
on your Mac or PC
(Unsigned via Amazon &
signed directly from me.)
to order prints of my photos
to visit my Facebook Page.
My twitter handle
to view Rolling Stone's online gallery of photos from my book.
to view interview/discussion from The WELL, Nov. '13.
to download an mp3 of my radio interview on "Tales from the Golden
Road" (Sirius/XM) on 8/12/12.
to visit my Photoblog.